Although things aren’t totally back to normal, sports fans (including my husband) have been rejoicing about the fact that football season is right around the corner! My family has been counting down the days until kickoff even more lately, and we’re excited to whip up the delicious snacks that are part of our fall sports traditions. Today’s features a little plant forward twist on a game day favorite: Buffalo Cauliflower Wings!
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
- ⅔ cup flour (I used all purpose but you can use GF variation!)
- 1 ¼-½ cup buttermilk (or any milk alternative)
- 1 large head of PIP cauliflower, cut into large floret pieces
- 1 tbsp. granulated garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
Buffalo Wing Sauce – mix ingredients together
- 2 cups buffalo sauce
- 2-3 tbsp melted butter
Be sure to share the wings you make by tagging us and using #goodsouleats!
Directions for Wings:
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees or standard oven to 425 degrees.
- Cut the cauliflower into large floret pieces (like too big to eat on it’s own in one bite!)
- Combine the flour, buttermilk, granulated garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl and whisk together until a thin batter is formed. Depending on your flour, you may have to add additional milk, do this 1 tbsp at a time!
- Dredge the cauliflower in the batter mixture and set on a baking rack (I put a baking sheet under mind to catch the excess batter).
- Air fryer cooking instructions: cook cauliflower in smaller batches for 8-10 minutes. Brush or dip the cauliflower pieces into your preferred sauce to coat them liberally. Cook for an additional 3-5 minutes until they are crispy and golden brown. You can also stick a fork in one to see if it is tender! It is important to not overcook these bad boys, so they stay crunchy and hold their shape!
- Standard oven cooking instructions: cook the cauliflower on a nonstick baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes or until they begin to darken and get golden brown. Remove from the oven and coat the cauliflower pieces with buffalo sauce. Add back into the oven for an additional 10-15 minutes or until crispy!
- Add additional sauce to the wings either by drizzling, brushing or dunking!
- Serve alongside your favorite dipping sauce! Enjoy!!
Be sure to check out perfectlyimperfectproduce.com for ordering options as well as additional recipes on their blog http://www.uglyfoodmakeover.com 🙂